Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Squeaky wheel (gender identity) fixed. What next?

My name is Cindy Latta, and I had just turned 45 when I decided to do the “Dare To Be Your Best” programme. After just completing an incredibly significant “life goal” of sorts, I felt like I needed direction and understanding into who I was and what motivated me in other areas of my life.  The “life goal” I mention was that I had just undergone gender affirming surgery (which is often known as Gender Reassignment Surgery).  While I think I had managed to answer a lot of the questions about who I am, I still had some that I couldn’t figure out.  It was like I had “fixed” one of my squeakiest wheels and now I was aware of other areas that I needed to work on.  That’s where Anthony and his amazing program came in.
Through the course I have learned so much about myself.  I started to see even more how I am “wired” and what makes sense to me both emotionally and relationally speaking.  I finished the course about 2 months ago, and honestly, I am still processing all that I have learned about who I am and what makes me tick.  I think the two exercises that had the most profound effect on me were the “letter writing exercises” (planning my ideal life for the next one, five and ten years) and my belief structure and value system ….or as Anthony calls it….my subconscious thumbprint.
What has the course given me?
I have a solid foundation of understanding into how I think, what I value and what my goals are. Self motivation has always been a big challenge for me.  Dare to be Your Best gave me a “light bulb” moment that was gold and I now understand how to do that.
I feel that finally I have the “owner’s manual” of my life.  It needed me to dedicate the time to get clear about what I wanted in life and begin to create the future that is right for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment